Wednesday, December 7, 2011

(after) Midnight Ride

So on this, my second night of cycling, I fell asleep. Right after dinner. On the couch. Oi vey.


I woke up groggily around 2:30 AM and realized that my 'just relax with TV for a half hour after dinner before I ride a FULL mile tonight' turned into the dreaded food coma.

About half an hour later I realized that this is EXACTLY why I have bought into cycling as my exercise of choice. I can do it any time I want! My neighborhood is well lit and there is no traffic at this time of the morning (not that I didn't keep a look out for safety's sake.) So ride I did.

That whole 'full mile ' thing petered out at .87 of a mile and turned into a nice 'cool down walk' to finish the grueling (for me) 1/8 th mile mild incline to get back to my door.

I am still happy. And sweaty.

Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment